--PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION --
- I have developed a model to estimate greenhouse gas emissions from perennials crops. This is a global, generic model that can be parametrised and used both for woody plants, i.e as stone trees or vineyards and agricultural grasslands, i.e sugarcane. This model is the first complete model of its kind. I am working along with the Cool Farm Tool to incorporate the model in the online tool (coolfarmtool.org), also partially supported by the consulting firm Quantis (quantis-intl.com). It will be soon available, hopefully.
- I collaborated with the EcoWinery project (sustagric.weebly.com/ecowinery.html), helping them creating a decision tool for determining the product environmental footprint (PEF) of wine, including eutrophication and winery practices. This project is being developed for Cypriot wines, but the resulting tool will have the potential to be used in any vineyard and winery.
- I have been a technical consultant for the CoolFarmTool (coolfarmtool.org) in few occastions, helping them improving some of the algorithms they have behing the scenes.
- I was a primary Consultant for the “High Carbon Stock Study for the Sustainable Palm Oil Manifesto”. In particular, in the chapter "Review of forest inventory methods for estimating biomass carbon stocks". The HCS Study was conducted by a technical committee of scientific experts, policy-makers, politicians, NGOs and the food industry (sustainability/beliefs-progress/high-carbon-stock) The study aims to inform decision making on land conversion for oil palm plantings with reliable information on carbon emissions from Land Use Change and Sequestration and related socio-economic considerations.
- I am actively writing a blog to divulge scientific knowledge, focused on forests and climate change (ekonowsys.net/), with entries both in English and Spanish.
- I still collaborate with colleagues in different research projects around the world, my academic life is still active.
Alicia Ledo firstname.lastname@example.org